ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF JANUARY 20, 2019
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH CLOSURES
- Spruce Ave. and 34th St. (through Friday, January 25, 2019): Sections of Spruce Ave. will be closed for intersection, curb, sidewalk and driveway replacement. Flaggers will assist motorists within the work zone.
- Flagler Dr. sidewalk from south of Greenwood Dr. to Monroe Dr. (through January): East sidewalk near seawall closed for safety repairs. Flagler Dr. west side sidewalk between Greenwood Dr. and Monroe Dr. remains accessible.
- Cumberland Dr. between Military Tr. and Village Blvd. (through January 2019): Reduced speeds on the eastbound and westbound lanes for a road beautification and safety project. Flaggers will assist motorists.
- Georgia Ave. between Dobbins St. and Nottingham Blvd.; Briggs St. between Garden Ave. and Georgia Ave.; Dobbins St. between Garden Ave. and Georgia Ave. (until further notice): Local traffic only for road improvements.
- Lake Ave. between Francis St. and Hansen St. (begins January 22, 2019): Paving work begins. Flaggers will assist motorists within the work zone.
- Race for the Cure sponsored by KomenFlorida.org (Saturday, January 26, 2019, 5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.): Road closure on Flagler Dr. between Fern St. and 23rd St.
- Clematis by Night (Thursday, January 24, 2019, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.): Road closure on North Clematis St. and South Clematis St. between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr., Narcissus Ave. between Clematis St. and Banyan Blvd.
CLOSURES, REPAIRS FOR CURRIE PARK BOAT RAMPS
- GreenMarket (Saturday, January 26, 2019, 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.): Road closures on North Clematis St. and South Clematis St. between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr.; Narcissus Ave. between Banyan Blvd. and Clematis St.; Lantana Ave. between Banyan Blvd. and Clematis St.
- 300 block of Clematis St. produced by Bill Jacobson (Saturday, January 26, 2019, 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.): Closed for West Palm Beach Antique Flea & Craft Market.
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES (CITYPLACE)
- Full closure: All Currie Park boat ramps at 2400 Flagler Drive are closed for repairs. Reopening is expected in Spring 2019. Ramps will not be accessible during the construction period. Currie Park will remain open from sunrise to sunset.
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Rosemary Ave. between Okeechobee Blvd. and Hibiscus St. (through Friday, April 12, 2019): Full closure by CityPlace for CityPlace streetscape improvements. Access to all parking garages will be maintained. Pedestrian traffic will be unaffected.
- Hibiscus St. between Rosemary Ave. and Quadrille Blvd. (through Saturday, February 23, 2019): Full closure by CityPlace for CityPlace streetscape improvements. Access to all parking garages from Quadrille Blvd. will be maintained. Pedestrian traffic will be unaffected.
- For more information: https://www.futureofcityplace.com/.
- Australian Ave. and Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures for intersection improvements.
- Community Dr. at 12th St. (until further notice): Periodic westbound right lane closures. Periodic westbound left lane closures with shift to the eastbound lane.
- Jog Rd. 905 feet south of Celebration Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures, alternating traffic with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Congress Ave. 600 ft. south of Presidential Wy. (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound lane closures for an FPL utility project.
- For more information, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works: (561) 684-4000 or
- Flagler Memorial Bridge between City of West Palm Beach and Town of Palm Beach (until further notice, Mondays only, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) will have the outside eastbound lane and the south sidewalk closed for handrail replacement.
- Okeechobee Blvd. from Suwanee Dr. to just west of Chillingworth Dr. (through March 1, 2019) will have the outside westbound lane closed, 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for AT&T duct installation.
- Quadrille Blvd. between Evernia St. and Gardenia St. (through Sunday, February 17, 2019):
The inside lane will be closed in each direction, around-the-clock, for turn lane construction and mast arm installation. Please note the speed limit in this area will be adjusted to 25 miles per hour during this time.
- Okeechobee Blvd. from Quadrille Blvd. to Flagler Dr. and Quadrille Blvd from Okeechobee Blvd. to Clematis St. (through March 22, 2019) will have intermittent lane and sidewalk closures in each direction, 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for directional boring and conduit installation
- Military Tr. between 45th St. and Shiloh Dr. (through Friday, March 8, 2019) will have one northbound lane closed, 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for FPL maintenance operations.
City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates