To apply for a permit within the corporate limits of the City of West Palm Beach, download and complete the two-page application below, and bring it to:
401 Clematis Street, 1st Floor
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
Widget can't be used as inline.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective June 26, 2014 city building permit fees are following the Schedule “B” permit fee schedule.
As a customer-focused, continually improving and accountable team, the mission of Development Services is to protect the life, health, safety and welfare of the community in the built environment through the efficient enforcement of all applicable laws, codes and ordinances.
All Permit Applications must be submitted with payment in person at the City of West Palm Beach Development Services, 401 Clematis Street, 1st Floor. Plan review fees are due upon submission of plans with the permit application and based upon an estimated valuation. Additional fees and charges will be required upon completion of plan review and prior to issuance of permits.
When the plan review process is successfully completed, you will be contacted by Development Services notifying you that your permits are ready and advised of any additional fees that may be due at that time. You have six months from the date of issuance to commence work before the permit will expire. Requests for extensions must be done in writing and in advance of the expiration date.
For more information, please call 561-805-6700 or visit our E-GovPlus (One-Stop-Shop).
Permit Application Process
Effective July 1, 2018 all permit application plan submittals consisting of more than 25 plan sheets and associated supporting documents, are required to be submitted digitally via ProjectDox. Please see instructions & quick start guide links immediately below:
When applying for a permit using the paper process
a standard permit application (permit application
) is used for all scopes of work but the requirements will vary according to the specific scope of proposed improvement. It is a best practice that the applicant:
- Completely fill out and verify that all information is accurate and correct on the permit application.
- Location address must be correct.
- Must have the correct parcel control number for the location address.
The parcel control number can be obtained by accessing the Property
Appraiser's Public Access System @ http://www.pbcgov.com/papa/ or by calling (561) 355-2890.
- Contractor information, if determined, must be up to date.
- Required signatures must be original and notarized prior to permit issuance.
- If the Property Owner is a “New Owner”, a copy of the recorded Warranty Deed should be submitted if not updated on the Property Appraiser System.
- Completed Sub Permit applications (MEP&G) may be provided at time of completed primary permit application if plans include the sub permit scope.
- Two (2) complete sets of plans must be submitted; 3 sets are required if a Special Threshold Inspector is to be used.
- Plans shall be signed and sealed by the Architect and/or Engineer if applicable or signed by the person responsible for the design.
- 2 sets of applicable Product Approvals, Energy & Equipment Sizing Calculations, Soil Reports, and Truss Drawings appropriately signed must be provided.
- You may elect to defer submittal of products yet to be determined such as roofing, doors, storefronts or windows and items yet to be produced or shopped such as roof trusses or railings.
Permit Status Help
To check permit status, go to the following web page:
- Click here to go to One-Stop-Shop Permit Status
- Enter permit number and click 'Search'
- Click on the underlined permit number.
- Click 'More Information'
- For plan review status, click 'Plan Reviews'
- to see the notes for a review, click the underlined number in the 'Notes' column for the review trade, or
- to see the notes for all reviews, click 'Details' which is above the 'Reviewer' column.
Permit Fee Schedule
This is the current permit application fee schedule for the City of West Palm Beach Development Services.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective June 26, 2014 city building permit fees are following the Schedue "B" permit fee schedule.
Permit Fee Schedule Permit Fee Calculation Sheet
Florida Lien Law Pamphlet
Any person applying for a building permit to make improvements to real property consisting of a single or multiple family dwelling up to and including four units should download and read this statement from The Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Florida’s Construction Lien Law
Florida Building Code
Link: Florida Building Code