On Dec. 14, 1914 the Woodlawn Cemetery Association deeded the cemetery to the City of West Palm Beach. Henry Flagler created the cemetery on 17 acres of pineapple fields in 1904. The original iron gate was removed in 1925 when Dixie Highway was widened. It was replaced with a concrete arch on which the inscription from the original gate — “That which is so universal as death must be a blessing.”
View Larger Map
FEES FOR THE PURCHASE OF BURIAL RIGHTS AND CEMETERY SERVICES
City of West Palm Beach Resolution 215-13
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE OWNERSHIP, USE AND CONTROL OF ALL LOTS, CRYPTS, MAUSOLEUMS AND BURIALS RIGHTS FOR WOODLAWN AND EVERGREEN CEMETERIES
Rules and Regulations for Woodlawn and Evergreen
To purchase a lot or verify burial information, contact the City Clerk's Office at 561-822-1210.
Woodlawn Cemetery is located at: 1301 South Dixie Highway West Palm Beach, FL 33402